Sunday, August 22, 2010

technology

Every body of work I create takes me out of the studio for months. Exhibiting, marketing, recording, photographing, office work and all that stuff can be time consuming. I am shortening that "business" time so I can get back to the paint. Currently, I am using video technology to transport my work to people for various reasons. Video paired with blogging is my latest attempt to streamline exposure of a body of work. First I was using a video flip cam, then ustream.tv live stream, now my droid phone! I experimented this week by sending a droid video, with verbal descriptions of each painting to my ustream site, added details on my blog.... only took a few minutes and I was able to send a more complete visual packet to to a client in another state. This new attempt at faster more complete marketing WILL get me back painting sooner :)

No comments: